Complaints and Disputes Procedure
Breast Cancer Now will:
- a) Make this Complaints and Disputes Procedure available to a potential or actual customer (“the customer”) via our website www.pinkribbonlottery.org, or upon request
- b) Handle all complaints in accordance with this Complaints and Disputes Procedure
- c) Advise the Gambling Commission on the status of all disputes that are referred to the Promoter (see below).
The Complaints and Disputes Procedure is outlined as follows:
- In the event that a customer has encountered a problem or has a concern to raise in respect of the Lottery, then Breast Cancer Now will in the first instance advise the customer to contact the Lottery Office.
- Any problems or concerns that are brought to the Lottery Office’s attention will be formally recorded within the Lottery Complaints Log, initially as an ‘incident’, for Breast Cancer Now’s future analysis and Gambling Commission reporting purposes.
- We aim to respond as soon as possible, but normally within five days. If the investigation of the complaint is likely to take longer than five days, we will write to you to let you know the proposed timescales and next steps, aiming to resolve your complaint within a maximum of 30 days.
- We will investigate your complaint involving relevant parties as necessary.
- We will contact you to let you know the outcome of your complaint and any actions we have taken as a result of this.
- If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint, you should put your complaint in writing to Delyth Morgan, Breast Cancer Now, 42-47 Minories, London, EC3N 1DY
- The matter will be escalated to a ‘dispute’, if applicable.
- You will then be sent an acknowledgement of your complaint in writing, within 48 hours of us receiving it and an investigation of your complaint will then begin.
- Every effort will be made to complete this investigation within 7 days of receipt.
- We will then contact you with our findings, recommendations and proposed actions.
- If you are still not satisfied, we will refer you to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service IBAS (www.ibas-uk.com) within two months of our decision.
- IBAS will act as an impartial adjudicator after the complaint/dispute has been through both of the above stages of our own internal dispute procedure and a deadlock still exists. An IBAS panel of experts will apply their specialist knowledge to the facts and adjudicate by reference to our own terms and conditions.